Middle School: Grades 6-8
Independent Learning and Skill-Development for the Middle Years
The educational journey continues through the Middle School years with Calvert’s academically rigorous, project-based learning program. Our accredited curriculum inspires and motivates students to become independent, active learners who are prepared to succeed in high school and beyond.
- All Calvert Middle School programs include a variety of learning approaches, from interactive, digital activities to hands-on projects that appeal to a variety of learning styles.
- These project activities ensure that students achieve a deep understanding of the lesson content to reinforce key concepts and lead to concept mastery.
- Our 6th–8th Grade curriculum focuses on the four core subject areas: English Language Arts, Math, Science, and History/Social Studies – plus multiple elective choices, including world languages
- Students develop independent learning strategies, further their reading comprehension skills, begin exploring advanced math concepts in preparation for higher level math courses, read classic literature, write original composition pieces, explore physical and life sciences, and study the geography, culture, and politics of the world around them.
- Students will further their reading comprehension skills, begin exploring advanced math concepts in preparation for higher level math courses, read classic literature, write original composition pieces, explore physical and life sciences, and study the geography, culture, and politics of the world around them.
Active Learning Strategies for Middle School and Beyond
At Calvert, we understand that today’s students learn differently. That’s why we continually review our programs to include the most up-to-date approaches and technologies that appeal to Middle School learners. Using the Calvert PLUS framework provides students with a dynamic, fun, and enriching learning experience. We also offer a variety of flexible options to individualize the program for each student.
Our comprehensive Middle School courses combine strong academics with the necessary tools to develop independent, active learning strategies that will fully equip your students for success in high school and higher educational pursuits.
EXPLORE OUR CURRICULUM BY GRADE
If you’re searching for a comprehensive solution, you’ve found it. Each easy-to-use grade-level package combines the best classroom-tested materials, teacher-created, step-by-step Lesson Manuals, engaging online resources, and proven educational methodologies, all in one meticulously planned curriculum that guides students through each day of learning with superb lesson plans. Explore our complete curriculum by grade level.
Our individual courses are a great way to mix and match classes to create a complete educational program for students. These courses can be used to round out a blended learning curriculum, supplement a traditional brick-and-mortar school program, or to brush up on skills over the summer.